Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Terrifying Inaugural Post

Apparently, writers are supposed to keep blogs.  I'm not sure who at this point will really want to read this blog, and I can guarantee that I will be sporadic with the postings, but I'm definitely willing to give it a try.  But first, a few details:
  1. I will periodically make mistakes in grammar, spelling, and mechanics.  It happens to the best of us.  But I must admit that such public humiliation is terrifying for us English teachers.
  2. Yes, I'm an English teacher, but please don't feel anxious about commenting on my posts.  I promise I will not pull out the dreaded red pen. Casual conversation is never grammar-perfect, and I understand that commenting tends to do the same.
  3. I will be honest, but it will always be my own opinion.
  4. I won't get political...often.  I dislike it when people use social media as their own personal political soapbox, so I avoid it myself, but occasionally, an issue comes up that needs to be discussed.  I can guarantee that any such posts will be writing-centered.  And If I offend you, see #3.
  5. I won't always post about writing or reading.  I love that stuff, but there's more to life.  That being said, it won't be one of those journal/diary blogs.  Although I'd love to regale you with the cuteness of my dog Thursday and kitten Merlotte playing tag, I'll refrain.
  6. While I'd love for each post to be deep and meaningful, I know better than to make any promise to that.  I'll blog about what's on my mind.
If this seems like something you want to read, then stay tuned!  It should be an interesting ride.

No comments: