Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Favorite Books from A to Z...but not Q or X

In the summer of 2007, I started keeping an annotated bibliography of all the books I read.  I am currently at 253 titles.  As I updated it today, I wondered if I had covered all the letters of the alphabet.  Unfortunately, I am missing titles for Q and X, but that didn't stop me from compiling my 26--make that 24-- favorites:

Art of Racing in the Rain, The by Garth Stein
Born to Run by Christopher MacDougall
Columbine by Dave Cullen
Dirty Job, A, by Christopher Moore
Eyre Affair, The, by Jasper Fforde
Freakonomicsby Stephen D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, The by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Hunger Games, The by Suzanne Collins
Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, The by Rebecca Skloot
Joy Luck Club, The by Amy Tan
Kite Runner, The, by Khaled Hosseini
Last Unicorn, The by Peter Beagle
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Night by Elie Wiesel
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Pillars of the Earth, The by Ken Follett
Q
Room by Emma Donoghue
Slam by Walter Dean Myers
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Unwind by Neal Shusterman
V for Vendetta by Alan Moor and David Lloyd
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
X
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Zorro by Isabel Allende

No comments: